How to Measure the Hub Face of an Axle & the Spring Center
When calling about axles there are a few things we will need to know:
- What kind of axle do you have? torflex straight or drop
- Is the axle grease, EZ lube, never lube or oil?
- What is the capacity of each axle?
- What is the hub bolt pattern? For how to measure bolt patterns see the resource page.
- 8-6.5 (studs 1/2″, 5/8″ or 9/16″)
- What is the hub face?
- What is the spring center?
- What kind of brakes do you have? idler (no brakes) electric, hydraulic, or disc
- What is the spring orientation? over or under
- What type of spring does the axle have and do you need new springs with the axle?